General Visa Information
The sites http://www.unitedstatesvisas.us/ and http://travel.state.gov have information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United States. Both sites have links to websites for U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide. The embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.
Letters from the ACM
International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements, and should plan travel well in advance. Please note that ACM does not issue formal "letters of invitation" to any of its conferences. We can however issue a visa support letter. For Visa support letters, please send all requests to the Office of SIG Services firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name and mailing address as it appears on your passport
- The name of the conference you wish to attend
- Your registration Reference Number listed on your emailed conference Registration Confirmation
- If you are the author of any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title
- Current mailing address (**Please note: visa support letters are issued via email)
You may contact email@example.com with any questions regarding the visa letter process. Please note that receipt of a visa letter takes approximately 3-4 weeks, so it is highly recommended that you submit your request early.